This video is called UGANDA MP URGES DEATH FOR GAY SEX.
From daily The Morning Star in Britain:
Gay activists begin Lively legal action in Uganda
Thursday 15 March 2012
by Our Foreign Desk
The suit was filed in federal court in Springfield against minister Scott Lively under a statute that Sexual Minorities Uganda (SMU) says allows non-citizens to file US court actions for violations of international law.
The suit asks for a judgement that his alleged incitement is illegal and violates international law and human rights.
Senior SMU activist Frank Mugisha said the group was targeting Mr Lively for “helping spread propaganda and violence” against Uganda’s gay community, which endures widespread discrimination and legal restrictions. “We hope that he will be held accountable for what he did in Uganda,” said Mr Mugisha. “We want to send out a clear message to him and to others.”
Mr Lively of Abiding Truth Ministries is one of a handful of US pastors whom Ugandan gay activists accuse of having helped draft the original version of the African country’s draconian anti-homosexuality Bill.
The Bill called for the death penalty for Aids sufferers convicted of having had sex with a member of the same sex. It has since been revamped to replace the death penalty with life imprisonment as a maximum sentence.
About 70 protesters marched about half a mile from the US District Court in Springfield to Mr Lively’s business, the Holy Grounds Coffee House.
They dressed in black and beat drums, carrying signs with the names of persecuted Ugandans and coffins to symbolise the scores of gay people who have been killed by bigots in the developing country.
See also here.
This video is called Frank Mugisha of Sexual Minorities Uganda Sends Message to EQUAL Youth and Supporters.
Uganda will pass a new law against homosexuality by the end of 2012 as a “Christmas gift” to its advocates, the speaker of parliament has said: here.
No Contraceptives Means More Illegal Abortions in Uganda: here.
Liberia Swears It Is Not Homophobic despite some evidence: here.
USA: Gay Marriage Effort Attracts a Novel Group of Donors. Adam Nagourney and Brooks Barnes, The New York Times News Service: “[There is a] dramatic evolution of a behind-the-scenes fund-raising network whose goal is to legalize same-sex marriage from coast to coast…. They come from Hollywood, yes, but also from Wall Street and Washington and the corporate world; there are Republicans as well as Democrats; and perhaps most strikingly, longtime gay organizers said, there has been an influx of contributions from straight donors unlike anything they have seen before”: here.
Is homophobia an expression of repressing same sex desire? New studies say yes. Here.
Two men were charged with a federal hate crime on Thursday for assaulting a gay man, marking the first time that the law has been applied in a US case alleging homophobia: here.
- For Christmas This Year, Ugandans Will Finally Get Their “Kill The Gays” Bill (queerty.com)
- Uganda’s Disgusting ‘Kill The Gays’ Bill To Become Law Next Month (perezhilton.com)
- A letter to Rebecca Kadaga – from a supportive gay Ugandan (sebaspace.wordpress.com)
- Ugandan Parliament Speaker: ‘Kill The Gays’ Law Will Be A ‘Christmas Gift’ (thegloss.com)
- Uganda officially passes ‘Kill The Gays’ law (deathandtaxesmag.com)
- Uganda Poised To Pass “Kill The Gays” Bill As “Christmas Gift” To Christians (joemygod.blogspot.com)
- Ugandan Gay Activists Vow to Fight ‘Ignorant’ Bill (thejakartaglobe.com)
- Uganda Passes Tough New Bill Against Homosexuality – ABC News (abcnews.go.com)
- Life sentence for gay Ugandans (smh.com.au)
- Frank Mugisha, Ugandan Gay Activist, Vows To Fight Nation’s ‘Ignorant’ Bill (huffingtonpost.com)