The Bahrain royal family are also among the richest people in the world; while many Bahrainis are poor.
This video says about itself:
Documentary about poverty in Bahrain, produced by the Bahrain Center for Human Rights, 2004. In Arabic with English subtitles.
The regime propaganda claims that the Bahraini economy as a whole is growing.
Still, the regime wants to make poor Bahrainis even poorer.
From TradeArabia today:
Bahrain plans to reduce ‘lavish spending’
Manama: 2 hours and 15 minutes ago
Bahrain must tighten its belt to reduce lavishness, rationalise spending and protect public money, His Royal Highness Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa said.
Welfare spending will be trimmed substantially among a string of other measures, he said as he chaired a work meeting of the Cabinet.
United States Police Chief Timoney should donate his salary to Bahraini victims of noxious tear gas: here.
- Bahraini torture prince now Syrian ‘humanitarian’ (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain regime detains United States journalist (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain regime keeps violating human rights (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain regime torture evidence (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain dictatorship jails US citizen without trial (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain dictatorship’s Washington allies (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain dictatorship jails another human rights activist (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Free Bahraini human rights activist now (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahraini doctors tortured (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)