This video from the USA says about itself:
Which of the richest 1% are using their wealth and power to keep down the other 99%? Give us names and the reasons behind them; we’ll take the best ones and invite you to vote on which ones we’ll expose through videos.
Bill Moyers: “Our Politicians Are Money Launderers in the Trafficking of Power and Policy”. Bill Moyers, Truthout: “We hold elections, knowing they are unlikely to produce the policies favored by the majority of Americans. We speak, we write, we advocate – and those in power turn deaf ears and blind eyes to our deepest aspirations. We petition, plead, and even pray – yet the earth that is our commons, which should be passed on in good condition to coming generations, continues to be despoiled. We invoke the strain in our national DNA that attests to ‘life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness’ as the produce of political equality – yet private wealth multiplies as public goods are beggared”: here.
OWS Oakland Takes Over City, Shutting Down One of the Biggest Ports in the Country … but Nightfall Brings More Chaos and Teargas. Joshua Holland, AlterNet: “As many as 15,000 people participated in actions across Oakland yesterday, with small marches peeling off to protest in front of banks or ‘occupy’ foreclosed homes. There were probably eight to ten times the number of people in the streets of Oakland today as I’d seen during past OWS actions. Police maintained a minimal presence throughout the day. There were a few scattered acts of vandalism – windows were broken at two banks but there was no violence, and the protests were remarkably up-beat throughout the day. But that changed when night fell as the streets of Oakland once again resonated with the sharp cracks of tear gas canisters and ‘less lethal’ projectiles being fired, and flash-bang grenades scattering the crowd”: here.
Paul Krugman | Protest Changes Austerity Debate. Paul Krugman, Krugman & Co.: “I visited Zuccotti Park on Oct. 20. Michael Moore gave a short speech, transmitted by the human microphone…. The emperor was naked, and all it took was one honest voice to point it out. As for how the emperor got that naked: read Ari Berman’s article on the austerity class and its dominance in Washington, published in The Nation on Oct. 19. It’s about ‘a central paradox in American politics over the past two years: how, in the midst of a massive unemployment crisis – when it’s painfully obvious that not enough jobs are being created and the public overwhelmingly wants policy makers to focus on creating them – did the deficit emerge as the most pressing issue in the country?’” Here.
Lessons From the Original Occupation: Gina Ray, Wisconsin State Capitol Police. Mary Bottari, Truthout: “On February 11, 2011, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker introduced a bill that would limit the collective bargaining rights of public employees, require 100 percent voter participation in union recertification and end the state’s practice of withholding and reimbursing union dues. The bill was perceived as a death blow to public employee unions and prompted massive, sustained and peaceful protests inside and outside the Wisconsin State Capitol in the winter of 2011″: here.
The Dark Side of the Mayor of New York Is Blooming: here.
Report: Military Blew $1 Trillion on Weapons Since 9/11: here.
Veterans March for Occupy Wall Street – and It’s Like Nothing You’ve Ever Seen Before: here.