Today, the Baillon’s crake reserve again.
Near the entrance, an adult great crested grebe swimming with a chick about half its size.
A buzzard circling over the northern lake.
Lapwings. Shoveler ducks.
Many black-headed and a few herring gulls.
The adult Egyptian goose and it now almost adult size chicks are again at the southern end of the path along the railroad canal.
A small tortoiseshell butterfly on the path.
This is a video about (adult) goldfinches.
Goldfinches wooed from farmland to British gardens: here.
As the path goes left, near the bench a juvenile goldfinch sitting on a thistle.
In a small tree near the southern lake, another juvenile goldfinch. Already a yellow wingpatch, no red head yet. It tries to sing, maybe for one of the first times.
- 24 January 2012 (cotswoldwaterpark.wordpress.com)
- goldfinches in avignon (annyevason.wordpress.com)
- GAMEKEEPER charged for using cage traps to capture a buzzard (nwhsa.wordpress.com)
- Goldfinches eating well (mysanantonio.com)
- How to grow your own bird food (telegraph.co.uk)
- Yesterdays Lake woodland. (radnorshirebirds.wordpress.com)