This video from the Bahraini pro-democracy movement is called Bahrain – Lulu square 13-3-2011 : we [are] gonna back again .. even if they removed it.
Bahrain yesterday released doctors and medical personnel who have been behind bars since March after increased international condemnation and a series of hunger strikes by supporters inside and outside the country: here.
From daily The Morning Star in Britain:
Rights activists on hunger strike in Bahrain
Thursday 08 September 2011
by Our Foreign Desk
Over 100 jailed Bahraini civil rights activists are now on hunger strike, an international panel announced on Wednesday.
The hunger strikers include doctors who helped treat protesters injured in a Saudi-backed clampdown on opposition groups earlier this year.
Seventeen detained activists have been taken to hospital by the Interior Ministry for their refusal to eat, it added.
Bahrain’s ruling US-backed Khalifa clan responded to mass anti-government protests that started in February by jailing hundreds of trade unionists and civil rights activists.
When that failed to stem the eruption of people power it unleashed a military crackdown with the help of 1,000 Saudi Arabian troops that has claimed over 30 lives since March.
The BCI, which includes international judicial and human rights experts, is currently probing the violence and is due to release its findings on October 30.
Among the jailed activists on hunger strike in the Gulf kingdom are doctors currently being tried by a special security court on charges of participating in efforts to overthrow the monarchy.
The BCI says it is keeping a close eye on the trial, which has been condemned by rights groups for being conducted by military prosecutors and judges.
The case against 11 health professionals was back in the special tribunal on Wednesday.
After the hearing the 11 defendants were released from custody although they are still charged with anti-state crimes.
Other jailed opposition supporters have joined the strike, including two prominent civil rights activists, Abdul Jalil al-Singace and Abdulhadi al-Khawaja.
The pair were sentenced to life in prison in June for their role in protests.
Human Rights First: Bahraini “Sham” Trials Condemned: here.
MANAMA, Sept. 9 (Xinhua) — A top Bahraini security official said Friday that the government will carry out “zero tolerance” policy against the country’s biggest opposition group, Al Wefaq National Islamic Society, for flouting rules in a gathering: here.
DUBAI — Sweeping unrest in the Middle East over the first half of this year has cost Gulf Cooperation Council countries some $150 billion, mostly due to increased spending on housing, schools and hospitals by governments trying to appease widespread discontent, a report by Merrill Lynch Bank of America (BofAML) said; here.