This video is called NATO admits guilt of cover-up in Afghan slayings.
From Trend news agency in Azerbaijan:
NATO airstrike kills six civilians, Afghan official says
A NATO airstrike targeting a group of alleged insurgents mistakenly killed an Afghan family of six, an Afghan official said Monday, DPA reported.
“A rocket from a NATO airplane mistakenly hit a house, killing a couple and their four children,” Ahmad Zia Abdulzai, the provincial governor’s spokesman, said. “Three Taliban fighters were also killed in the attack.”
The airstrike took place late Sunday in Khogyani, a district in the eastern province of Nangarhar.
The attack came one day after President Hamid Karzai condemned NATO airstrikes that had allegedly killed some 50 civilians in the neighbouring province of Kunar.
The NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) confirmed the airstrike in Khogyani, saying it was investigating the operation which resulted in Afghan civilians being accidentally killed and wounded.
After a US air strike killed up to 51 civilians last Thursday in Afghanistan’s north-eastern Kunar province, General David Petraeus reportedly accused local residents of burning their children to fake evidence of civilian casualties: here.
Afghan President Hamid Karzai accused US occupiers of being “outrageous, insulting and racist” on Tuesday after a US official accused Afghan parents of burning their own children to inflate civilian casualty figures: here. See also here.
KABUL/WASHINGTON – The commander of United States-North Atlantic Treaty Organization forces in southern Afghanistan, Major General James Terry, asserted last month that the homes systematically destroyed by US forces across three districts of Kandahar province as part of “Operation Dragon Strike” in October and November “were abandoned, empty and wired with ingenious arrays of bombs”. But in interviews with Inter Press Service (IPS) at the site of the destroyed village of Tarok Kalache, now nothing more than a dusty plain surrounded by orchards, former residents disputed that account: here.
- Ten Afghan civilians killed in NATO airstrike (worldbulletin.net)
- NATO airstrike kills 10 civilians, Afghan official says (edition.cnn.com)
- NATO airstrike kills 10 civilians, Afghan officials say (en.trend.az)
- 10 civilians reported dead in NATO airstrike (abc.net.au)
- Ten Afghan “civilians” killed in NATO airstrike (Reuters) (newsdaily.com)
- Afghan civilians killed in NATO airstrike in E. province: official (sgt-jim.blogspot.com)
- USA murders another 10 Afghan civilians in airstrike (sott.net)
- NATO airstrike kills 10 Afghan civilians, mostly women and children – officials (rt.com)
- Ten Afghans killed in NATO air strike-officials – Reuters UK (uk.reuters.com)