This video is called Auschwitz Anniversary.
This video is called Auschwitz II – The Birkenau Experience: Journey into Hell.
From daily The Morning Star in Britain:
International Holocaust Memorial day
Wednesday 26 January 2011
Officials in Erfurt will open a memorial site and educational centre tomorrow – International Holocaust Remembrance Day – that documents the role played by big business in the mass execution of Jews, Roma, communists and other “undesirables.”
The new memorial site uses original documents and artifacts to show that while nazi leaders were responsible for planning their “final solution” they would never have succeeded in murdering millions without the support of German industrialists such as Toepfe [sic; Topf] & Sons.
Through technology developed and products built in the Toepfe & Sons factories the Auschwitz death camp was equipped with four crematoriums where as many as 8,000 corpses could be burned in a day.
Historian Annegret Schuele said that the firm, which went bankrupt in 1996, “acted purely out of business motives – even after the second world war they advertised the world-class design of their crematorium furnaces.”
Britain: The first official Holocaust Memorial Day, based on the anniversary of the Soviet army‘s liberation of the nazi death camp at Auschwitz on January 27 1945, was initiated by the Labour government in 2001: here.
Over 150 people marked the 66th anniversary of the Soviet liberation of Auschwitz today with a sombre ceremony in Lambeth: here.
A recent exhibition at the German Historical Museum sought to blame the German people and conceal the responsibility of German capitalism for the Hitler dictatorship: here.
Last known gay holocaust survivor to receive France’s top honour: here.
- ‘Please, never forget': Holocaust survivor recalls miracles and twists of fate that saved her in Auschwitz (news.nationalpost.com)
- Why we must remember Kristallnacht (jsonline.com)
- Oldest Auschwitz survivor dies aged 108 (abc.net.au)
- For the last Nazi hunter, the inevitable comes into focus (timesofisrael.com)
- The children who missed the WWII train to Auschwitz (ekathimerini.com)
- Oldest Known Auschwitz Survivor Dies Aged 108 (uk.news.yahoo.com)
- When family ties lead straight to Hitler (timesofisrael.com)