An asylum-seeker who died during an attempted deportation had complained of breathing problems and asked for help seconds before he collapsed under three G4S private security guards, a witness claimed on Friday: here.
The Burden of Record-Breaking Deportations: here.
Britain’s draconian asylum system is forcing failed applicants to choose between destitution here or persecution back home, a leading charity warned today: here.
Human rights and child protection groups told Austria on Friday to stop detaining children and halt the deportation of well-integrated foreign families who have been denied asylum: here.
Britain: Black people are 27 times more likely to face stop and search by the police than whites: here.
- G4S mercenaries get British taxpayers’ millions (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Israeli minister seeks approval to deport all Sudanese, Eritrean refugees (sudantribune.com)
- Rohingya boat people to be repatriated to Myanmar (miamiherald.com)
- Erie to welcome more than 600 refugees in 2013 (goerie.com)
- Thailand to Deport Rohingya Muslim Asylum Seekers (voanews.com)
- Thailand: Don’t Deport Rohingya ‘Boat People’ (hrw.org)