This video from the USA is called Survivors of Jon Burge‘s torture regime speak out.
The federal trial began last week for former Chicago police commander John [sic; Jon] Burge, who has long stood accused of torturing hundreds of poor, black prisoners beginning in the early 1970s. The case is a window to the meat-grinder of the city’s criminal justice system: here.
- Chicago Police Torture Update: Commission finds evidence of torture in new Burge cases (nalert.blogspot.com)
- Chicago Police Accused of Using Gun to Sodomize Innocent Man (alternet.org)
- New funds rejuvenate Chicago torture-claims panel (sacbee.com)
- 12 police torture claims to get a day in court (voices.suntimes.com)
- Chicago Justice (dailybrowse.wordpress.com)
- Commission finds evidence of torture in new Burge cases (suntimes.com)
- Commission finds evidence of police torture in 5 murder cases (chicagotribune.com)