Sarkozy is moving to fast-track a total ban on the burqa in France over objections that the bill is unconstitutional, and despite widespread popular hostility to his recent “national identity” campaign: here.
How Muslim women are fighting for their rights from within Islamic tradition, rather than against it: here.
- Muslim Women and the “Somewhere in America” Video (wnyc.org)
- New hostel to open for homeless Muslim women in UK (worldbulletin.net)
- Essay: Representation of the burqa-ban in the French media (avramdenisa.wordpress.com)
- “She took our flag!”: The far-right standing up for women? (portsmouthantifascists.wordpress.com)
- French Ban (savingmuslimwomen.wordpress.com)
- Nine uses for a burqa … that don’t involve bashing them | Remona Aly (theguardian.com)