As this German video shows, today in Germany the Left Party parliamentary group has been excluded from parliament for opposing the Afghan war (where the parliament would vote about today); showing that with signs of the names of Afghan civilian victims of the war.
See also this video.
Apparently, the democratic rights of MP’s in Germany are going the way of those in occupied Afghanistan. Where anti war feminist MP Malalai Joya was banned from parliament for calling her warlord fellow MP’s warlords and haters of women haters of women.
From the Daily Mirror in
Britain Sri Lanka:
Friday, 26 February 2010 00:00
The Dutch government collapsed on Friday February 20 over the war in Afghanistan, sending shockwaves across Europe and across the Atlantic. The crisis underscores the fact that if democracy is in practice, governments cannot sham. The will of the people is reflected even in crises as shown by the Dutch example. If the people are anti-war, the government cannot be pro-war.
Russia’s drugs czar laid into Western military commanders on Sunday for allowing heroin to flood out of occupied Afghanistan and “destabilise Russia and the Caucasus”: here.
If there is one unmistakable difference between Bush’s wars and Obama’s wars it boils down to this: we now have a president who can almost perfectly pronounce the names of the cities and villages US troops will occupy and bomb: here.
US civil rights leader Rev Jesse Jackson told Cambridge University students on Monday night of his “doubts” about US tactics in Afghanistan and said that the occupation had failed to address the root causes of terrorism: here.
Afghan journalists and civil rights activists have slammed Kabul over its decision to ban live coverage of militant attacks in the occupied country: here.
- “Imperialism & Fundamentalism Have Joined Hands”: Malalai Joya on 12 Years of U.S.-Led Afghan War (democracynow.org)
- Graeme Smith’s Afghan war memoir is a must-read (o.canada.com)
- Canada lost Afghan war, says author (globalnews.ca)
- Afghanistan and Iraq Wars to cost 6 trillion total ….Taliban makes military gains , also gains Afghan Governor Qazi Abdul Hai ( Brigadier General during Afghan civil war of 1992 ) who defects to their side as US drawdown continues….. (fredw-catharsisours.blogspot.com)
- Exposing the Fake Withdrawal from Afghanistan (wchildblog.com)
- 2 Afghan Ex-Warlords Join Forces for April Vote (abcnews.go.com)