As this German video shows, today in Germany the Left Party parliamentary group has been excluded from parliament for opposing the Afghan war (where the parliament would vote about today); showing that with signs of the names of Afghan civilian victims of the war.
Apparently, the democratic rights of MP’s in Germany are going the way of those in occupied Afghanistan. Where anti war feminist MP Malalai Joya was banned from parliament for calling her warlord fellow MP’s warlords and haters of women haters of women.
From the Daily Mirror in
Britain Sri Lanka:
Dutch courage deals double blow to US mission in Afghanistan
Friday, 26 February 2010 00:00
The Dutch government collapsed on Friday February 20 over the war in Afghanistan, sending shockwaves across Europe and across the Atlantic. The crisis underscores the fact that if democracy is in practice, governments cannot sham. The will of the people is reflected even in crises as shown by the Dutch example. If the people are anti-war, the government cannot be pro-war.
- “Imperialism & Fundamentalism Have Joined Hands”: Malalai Joya on 12 Years of U.S.-Led Afghan War (democracynow.org)
- Graeme Smith’s Afghan war memoir is a must-read (o.canada.com)
- Canada lost Afghan war, says author (globalnews.ca)
- Afghanistan and Iraq Wars to cost 6 trillion total ….Taliban makes military gains , also gains Afghan Governor Qazi Abdul Hai ( Brigadier General during Afghan civil war of 1992 ) who defects to their side as US drawdown continues….. (fredw-catharsisours.blogspot.com)
- Exposing the Fake Withdrawal from Afghanistan (wchildblog.com)
- 2 Afghan Ex-Warlords Join Forces for April Vote (abcnews.go.com)