From London daily The Morning Star:
The man who moulded Marx
(Tuesday 03 April 2007)
IN FOCUS: Marx’s grave
CHRISTINE LINDEY goes in search of the artist who made Marx’s grave.
Only 11 people were at Marx‘s funeral in 1883 and the first grave at Highgate was a modest one, but it quickly became a place of pilgrimage and, in 1955, the Communist Party of Great Britain set up the Marx Memorial fund.
Laurence Bradshaw (1899-1979) won the commission.
I met his widow Eileen Bradshaw, who made the following written statements by him available for this article.
- Rare Highgate Cemetery spider ‘one of the largest in the UK’ (london24.com)
- Marx’s fatherly teaching to Engels (rajcritic.wordpress.com)
- Rare spider found in London ‘one of largest in UK’ (itv.com)
- Workers of all lands, unite! (fossicking.wordpress.com)
- Rare spiders found in cemetery (bbc.co.uk)
- Experts need to consult Marx’s work on wages and inflation (morningstaronline.co.uk)